I shared this on Facebook, but I also want to share it here, where it it less easily forgotten.
I think Elder D. Todd Christofferson said it very very well when he said, "Lack of internal control by individuals breeds external control by government...Which leads to diminished freedom for everyone."
This is absolutly true!! Think about it. If people would have a good amount of integrity in their actions we would need less law enforcement. If people would feel more compelled to earn their own living, no matter how meager and hard it may be, those that REALLY need government assistance would recieve it. I believe the number of those that recieve it would go down, and thereby decrease our taxes allowing us to have more freedom over how to use our money. That's just one way to look at it. I'm sure there are hundreds of other examples.
So let us all have a little more integrity and control over ourselves and our desires and actions.
-


1 comment:
Love it Steph. And thanks for your comment you left me. For some reason it won't let me publish it...
Post a Comment