I do. Well, she's a woman. And there's a man. Their names are Stephanie and Carl.
In January we had the fun and exciting opportunity to earn a few bucks delivering phone books. I don't remember how many we did, but it was A LOT!! Many, many more than you see here. We had to bag each one and deliver TO THE DOOR (on the hinge side of the door). It drizzled rain as we did so. The sun shone too. I'm thankful for the kind family in our Branch that watched Brady and Abbie as we pounded the pavement for hours on end.
This is a picture of Carl's brilliant contraption for quick bagging. We then took groups of 14 and looped a rubber band through the handles and attached a very high-tech link (thanks Abbie for allowing us to borrow them) so we could easily remove the rubber band. It was in whole a collaborative effort. See how thin the book is? I'm glad we didn't live in Salt Lake! Those books are HUGE!!
It was a fun experience. Would I do it again? Maybe. Would Carl? No. I got a thrill out of doing something that was hard and earning money. It felt great to get out and exercise. I might do it again............maybe.


No comments:
Post a Comment