Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I couldn't have said it better

This is an excerpt from my friend Melanie's blog.

"When I haven't had lunch, I rarely have the energy to do anything worthwhile in those awful hours of the day. You know the time: Kid is up from nap, blood sugar is low (even if you have eaten lunch), Dad isn't home yet, Kid is tired of looking at your face. Nothing good comes from the time between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM. So on top of low energy and low morale, now I don't feel like making dinner. Oh, of course I want dinner. I just don't want to make it. Now, all of the sudden Dad is home, dinner hasn't even been thought about, you and Kid are up in arms, and the house is probably a mess. All because of low energy that comes from not eating lunch."

No comments: