Tuesday, July 14, 2009

While you're at it....

I've got a friend in our Branch that can cut hair. She's not licensed so she won't take money for payment, but she will take food.

We set up a time to get Brady's hair cut. That day was a rough day for me. She ended up feeding US dinner! I knew I wanted to get my hair cut, but wasn't emotionally ready for it. It had just gotten back to being "long." We were chatting while Brady ran around with his new 'do and played with her girls and his cousins (who happened to be over there that night.) Then something happened. I said, "Ah, what the hay....let's cut my hair." I told her she could do whatever she thought would look good. I was feeling reckless and I didn't really care. So, snip snip snip went the scissors. A pile of hair on the floor later you have this:



The cut was a few weeks ago and my bangs have grown out a little since. Carl always said he didn't like bangs that sweep across the forehead. But, he thinks I look pretty hot with them. He says I'm turning over a new leaf.

On a related note: I did a presentation on Heritage Makers for a friend at the library last week. I took this opportunity to get all fancy. I wish I hair could look like this every day, with out all the effort.

3 comments:

Snell Family said...

I think your hair looks really cute! And I can't believe how old Brady looks. It must be all of those teeth.

Melanie said...

I have to say, I really like the bangs.

Amber said...

I love the hair and I love the curls! But you're right, it is lots of work!