God STILL answers prayers. I'd like to share two recent ones for me. Nothing HUGE and SUPER SPECTACULAR, but AWESOME none the less.
#1- I have been wanting to get a white button-up collared shirt for Brady. I hadn't seen them in stores before. Even if I did, I didn't want to pay that much to have him outgrow it so quickly. We have had 3 children's clothes consignment sales in the past month or so. I was hoping to find one there. I did. It was $5. I didn't want to pay that much. I'm a tight-wad on somethings, I know. I saw the same shirt at the 2nd sale. Nope, still not going to get it. The 3rd sale was a bust. I figured I'd have to hunt one down and pay retail for it. Enter blessing. A friend from MOMS Club had some clothes her son has grown out of. She piled me up with the items. One of them was a WHITE BUTTON-UP COLLARD SHIRT!! A woo-hoo!! I know that was definately an answer to my silent prayer. BTW, I did see some at Target for $8. I paid $0 for mine.
#2- Getting up to run has been a struggle lately. It's not all warm and shiny outside at o'dark-hundred anymore. It's dark and cold and sometimes foggy. My Bro-In-Law has been a good encouragement. Keeping tabs on me. He asks if I've been running and praises me for my efforts. He tells me sometimes I'm looking good. He's a nice guy, but is he saying it JUST to be nice? That guy could come up with a compliment for a bag of rocks. Today as I was running I thought, "Man, I really want someone to tell me I'm getting skinny." It's hard working hard when no one acknowledges it. I had put it out of my mind after getting dressed. Telling myself I don't need outside approval to feel good about what I am doing. Enter blessing. As my visiting teaching companion and I were getting into our cars she said, "You look smaller. Are you still working out?" HOLY MOLY!!! That was EXACTLY what I prayed for in my heart.
Thanks to Heavenly Father for sending me those Angels who, possibly without realizing it, listened to a prompting. Thank you to the Angels who listened.
Yes, folks, God still does answer prayers. He may not always answer the big ones that you find most urgent and important when you want it. He does answer those you need, when you need them.
-


2 comments:
It's true, they're answered when we need them most!
What a sweet reminder. He answers them all ...even the little ones that don't seam like a big deal.
Post a Comment