Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A change in scenary

Things change during the course of a week. Last week, the frustration of the unknown, the lack of finding employment, and going through our first Tornado Warning. This week, a birthday and a job!, and it's only Tuesday! I'll be a teller at Regions Bank. It's really what I was hoping to start with. It will get me started with a company, allow me to really focus on schooling, and it will allow us to get in to a home as soon as possible. It's been frustrating to go 57 days without a job, but rewarding to learn from this trial of life. I've learned a couple of things over the last week that have changed me. First, how can we ever be able to learn in this life, if we are never willing to change the comforts of the known? We knew this was the correct decision for our future, so to have this opportunity to learn is rewarding. Second, the idea that some of us are given trials because Heavenly Father knows we will learn from the trials and not curse Him for them. The more trials we face and overcome here, the better off I'll be. That being said, I sure hope things run smoothly for a while.

No comments: