Monday, February 18, 2008

Having to eat ones own words....

This is a poem my mom sent the day before Brady was born:

The Ninth Month
by Carol Lynn Pearson

Being a duplex
I have been happy, my dear
To loan you half the house
Rent-free and furnished
As best I could.

You have been a good
Tenant, all in all
Quiet, yet comfortably there
Tapping friendly on the wall.

But I hear
You have outgrown the place
And are packing up to move.
Well, I will miss
The sweet proximity.
But we will keep in touch.
There are bonds, my dear
That reach beyond a block
Or a mile or a hemisphere
Born of much love and labor.

I approve the move
And gladly turn from landlady
To neighbor.



He came early!! Brady Alma was born at 6:33 pm central time. He weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces and is 21 inches long. The pediatrician says he's perfect, and I think so too. ( ; Here's the link to the photos we've taken so far: http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii115/sbehunin/?start=0 . An official baby blog will be posted soon.

7 comments:

Snell Family said...

Congratulations! Brady looks a lot like Carl and his cheeks are so cute.

Amber said...

Congrats! We also think that he looks like Carl!

Melanie said...

You guys know how I feel about this little guy. Congratulations. Hopefully we can make it out there sometime this year to see him. I'm not kidding. Well, we'll see.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

samlyndseyfalkner said...

Carl congratulations on the little boy. That's awesome. It's been forever. I hope things are going well for you and yours.

Sam Falkner and all his girls.

Emily Rasi-Koskinen said...

Wow how adorable! Congratulations!

Neff Family said...

Congratulations!! He's so cute, and he looks SO MUCH like Carl. I want to kiss those cheeks. I hope everything went well with the delivery.