Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sunrise, Sunset



Updates!!!

Brady is home with his PICC line. It's annoying, but only 7 more days until it is removed. Since coming home he has had a struggle with his weight. We haven't been able to keep it up. So after being told by the doctor that breastfeeding wasn't going to work and bawling my eyes out because I want to give that gift to my baby, the doctor and I have compromised with nursing, formula, pumping and a lactation consultant. After all that effort he has started to gain weight. As of Monday the 10th he weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces. The doctor says that once he gets up to 8 pounds we don't have to get him weighed everyday.

Carl's job is going good. He's been the "bag guy" (they guy that picks up the work from different branches) for the last few days. He likes his work. He's been getting some overtime too, which we can't complain too much about. He's being a good daddy taking the middle of the night feeding so mom can rest. Midterms are approaching then spring break is upon us. Carl can sure use the two extra nights home to get some rest and gear up for the next change in our life: moving into the new house.

Mom is trying to recover from all the hubbub. It's amazing what an extra two hours of sleep in the morning will do for you. I've had to totally cut back on my activities. With the house getting finished up I was looking forward to shopping for furniture and accessories. That will all have to wait, however. My life consists of sleeping, feeding the baby, pumping, eating and sleeping some more. I get somethings done here and there. Today I moved Brady's things out of the room we've been staying in down to the basement. We will get through all of this, I'm sure.

We are very thankful for the prayers, thoughts and concerns people have expressed for us. We are especially grateful to my mom who was able to stay with us for a little while. She was a HUGE help (and comfort) at the hospital and back home. We're trying to get by without her extra set of hands. We miss you, Grandma.






We are also thankful to the LaVetters (Especially Aunt Gretchen) for letting us invade their space for the last few months. Goodness knows where we'd be with out their immense generosity. Not only have they provided a roof above our heads, but food to eat, clean dishes to eat off, chauffeur services, people to talk to, and even more help with our precious little bundle of joy. We couldn't have done it with out them. We love you guys a ton!!!

4 comments:

Neff Family said...

I'm glad to hear he's doing better! I think the Lord makes little babies so cute because if he didn't, the lack of sleep/personal time could really start to weigh on a new mommy. I can't wait to see more pictures of him!

Melanie said...

Yeah, we're really glad that he's on his way to some good weight gain. Along with more pictures of Brady would you mind posting some of the new house? And you and Carl? I think I'm forgetting what you two look like (tee hee).

Amber said...

Ditto to what Kelly and Mel said. We are very glad that he is doing better, we are glad that Carl has a great job and more pics would be nice!!!

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

Hi! I met Carl at the bank Wednesday. We were there to visit my mom (Mary) and he was in the next window and told us about some of the things ya'll have been through with the baby and showed us a picture on his cell phone. Then we all (me, my brother and sister-in-law, and Carl) exchanged blog addresses. So, I came to check it out and see more pictures of your beautiful baby. You should be so proud! And, you'll never regret all the sacrifices your making now for that precious little life.