We did it! We did it! We did it! Lo hicimos!! (Courtesty of Dora)
We officially have a mortgage!! The house is ours and it's wonderful. How does it feel to be over $100,000.00 in debt? Great! hahaha We've started moving boxes in and will continue to do so over the next few days. The goal is to be sleeping in the house by Saturday night. I hope to get a virtual tour posted soon.
Also, another victory has taken place. Brady had his two month check-up today. He is 11 lbs 10 oz. He gained 20 oz in 13 days!! A Whoo Hooo!! That means that the nursing is working, it really is! What a relief. The doctor (who insisted that I nix the nursing and go to bottle) said he's never seen anyone get off to such a rough start and come back so strong. We showed him!! Nursing means alot to me. There were times (and I'm sure there will be plenty more) when I'll wonder if it's worth the time and effort. I am so pleased with myself that I stuck to my guns and didn't give up because it was "too hard." I have a habit of saying something is too hard and then slacking off and not really accomplishing my goals. Heck, I wanted to give up during labor, but alas, I had no choice. Nursing is a battle that I have complete control over. I could have stopped and given up at any time, but I fought through it. Yea me! *pats herself on back*
He is also growing. He is 21 3/4 in. long. And his head is 15 1/4 in around. The doctor called him chunky. It's great.
-


5 comments:
That's exciting that you've closed and you get to finally move in. You'll have to be sure to post pictures when you get settled. I'm glad you have been able to breastfeed like you wanted. I can't imagine how hard it was to stick with it since he was in the hospital. But good for you for sticking with it.
First of all, I feel it is my duty to correct your Dora interpretation. It's, "We did it, we did it, we did it. HOORAY! Lo hicimos. We did it!" See? You forgot the HOORAY!
Secondly, we're very happy for you guys about your mortgage. Why does house building go so much faster in Arkansas?
Third(ly), way to go on the breastfeeding. I remember how strongly you felt about it and I'm really glad that you were able to follow through with it.
Fourth(ly), thank you from Leah for your birthday wishes!
I am so glad that Brady is doing well! And I am glad that you closed on the house. Your mortgage is nothin, try 3 times that!
This is Marci, Danny Hansen's wife, who plays b-ball with Carl (just in case you didn't know) Way to go on the house and an even bigger congrats on the breastfeeding! I was determined to make it a year with my 4th and we are at 10 months! There have been some really hard moments but when I look at the big picture I wouldn't have it any other way! If you would like a great article to read that will make you feel even more proud of your accomplishment search my blog for breastfeeding it is an awesome article!
That's awesome, congratulations fellow mortgage owner! Owner? Sure, we'll go with that.
Breast feeding rocks the Cazba. Awesome job. It was so disappointing and depressing for me when the old...milk jugs...dried up. Definately a bummer. So good job Steph!
Can't wait to see pictures of the house, all settled. And I love the pictures of Brady you've posted, he's SO CUTE. I love his big cheeks. I want to kiss them and squeeze them, so it's better you live in a whole other state!
Post a Comment