Victory!!! Well, at least I think it's a victory. We went to pick up our photos at Sears today. Ever so graciously, they included 4 "lab bonus" prints. All four sheets, including a 10x13, were $20. Not a bad deal since each sheet is like $7. When we originally were looking to purchasing a package you could only get the CD with all right rights to the images for $30 after spending $100. I don't have that much money to spend on my little love-bumpkin every time we get photos taken. I mentioned "So, if I purchase these 'bonus' prints, will that count towards the $100 to get the CD?" There were some ladies there that were training another manager or something and one said, "You can buy the bonus prints and the CD for $40 without the $100 requirement." And so I handed over the plastic. Yes, I spent ALOT more than I originally had planned. We're kinda unfortunate because the only places that do photography around here are Sears and Wal-mart (yuck) unless you want to get REAL professional. So I can't get the fabulous deals at JCPennys unless we go to Memphis. It's hard enough to plan a trip into town to get photos done! So, we'll not spend the gas money and spend more on photos. the point is that I REALLY wanted the CD but didn't want to spend $130. I claim a victory in that we didn't spend $130 and I still got the CD. Now I can edit and create fun designs and reprint them all I want. Go me!!!

Go ahead, enlarge that sucker!!! Save him! They are no longer good only as small images! I got it zoomed all the way up to 400% with no pixelation! It's great.... I hope to get these on photobucket pretty soon.

Go ahead, enlarge that sucker!!! Save him! They are no longer good only as small images! I got it zoomed all the way up to 400% with no pixelation! It's great.... I hope to get these on photobucket pretty soon.
Wow, that was alot of rambling. In other news....Carl got all our used boxes to the recyling place today. Now we can fit TWO cars in our TWO car garage! Imagine that! We're "fixin' ta" get a truck load the shtuff from Lowes or Home Depot to organize the garage and get rid of the majority of the remaining boxes. Bradys room is mostly complete now that we have a cheepo-riffic dresser. Bit by bit the house is coming together.


4 comments:
That's awesome. I wish they wouldn't charge so much for the copyright. It's not like they're ever going to use the pictures.
I am glad that you got the CD and with gas prices these days, it's not worth it to drive farther than you need to. And horray for getting rid of boxes. We still have some in the basement and we need to get rid of them.
I hate that there are no JC Penny's around here. It looks like Sears did a good job. I'll have to check them out. I can't do professional either. Although, there is a place here in Paragould that will take your baby's picture at 3,6, and 9 mos. for free and give you a poster with the baby's name for free. I did it with Hailey and it turned out cute. Its Garner Studio in Paragould if you want to check it out.
Wow, he looks so much like Carl in this picture!
Post a Comment