My thoughts:
This darn computer. It's not starting. It keeps getting stuck on this screen. Call Dad and we'll get it fixed.
A few months later:
I should back up my pictures to a CD or something. Just in case.
Around Christmas:
Hey a USB memory stick. Now I can get those pictures backed up.
Not too soon thereafter:
The computer keeps making a clicking noise and seizing up. Not even CTRL + ALT + Delete is having any effect. Push the power button. Oh, that doesn't work either. Flip the power supply (My dad would KILL me if he knew I was doing this.)
Friday morning:
What the?!?! Why does the computer keep rebooting itself? I guess I'll call Dad. I guess I'll get that memory stick out to back up the pictures now.
After a few conversations with Dad:
No virus, bad hard drive, eh? I need a super careful techie to rescue all my files, eh? Well shoot. I guess I shoulda listened to that prompting to back up those pictures. Where to I find someone as tediously careful as my father to do the job with out breaking the bank?
At least we've got the lappy.
Lesson Learned:
Helaman 13:38 But behold, your days of probation are past; ye have procrastinated the day of your salvation until it is everlastingly too late, and your destruction is made sure; yea, for ye have sought all the days of your lives for that which ye could not obtain; and ye have sought for happiness in doing iniquity, which thing is contrary to the nature of that righteousness which is in our great and Eternal Head.
Do not procrastinate the day of your important file backing-up. You never know when it will be everlastingly too late, and your file destruction made sure.
-


2 comments:
Wow, girl, that was deep. We had to go to Circuit City when our computer was messed up. Don't know what to tell you. Stinks that we don't have a Best Buy Geek Squad!
you can ALWAYS come to our house!!!
Post a Comment