I had a really good day yesterday. I was able to do some Visiting Teaching. It's nice to visit with the sisters in our branch and get to know them better. It's even better to have gospel related discussions with them. I'm sure had our lives permitted, we could have stayed all day and chit-chatted.
Brady and I went to Lapsit at the library. That was great. We read two books together and sang lots of songs. Brady normally claps along when I am singing or he hears music, but he just kinda sat in my lap. It was as if he was just observing the situation. After the kids played with the toys and put them all away, he did start clapping and smiling. He's on a delayed reaction, methinks.
Brady has been teething and is getting over a really NASTY cold (that he so graciously passed on to me and Carl.) He has been clingy and not sleeping well and just down right crabby. Yesterday it seemed to all go away. He was such a good little boy! We only had to have timeout once! He was happy again! It was the best present he could have given me that day.
I was able ot get some books from the library about feeding children. I know I'm paranoid. I fret over every new stage of eating. "What can he eat?" "When do we nurse?" "How often does he need to eat?" "How much should he eat?" "When do I encourage just a few more bites?" "Do I tell him this is what is for lunch/dinner and that he should eat it or go hungry?" and so many other questions. I read Child of Mine: Feeding with Love and Good Sense by Ellyn Satter. That lady knows how to write a book for a worried little mommy like me. So thank you, library, for having that book to bring me a bit of peace.
The LaVetter mommy and kids unexpectedly dropped by with a bright green ice cream cake from Baskin Robins. Oooh, YUM!!! And I got a Barbie balloon. That was a wonderful surprise. Thanks ladies (and little guy. I can't say "Gretchen and the Girls" anymore. Maybe I'll call you the Herd.)
After putting sweet little Brady to bed I got to SOAK IN MY TUB!!! A WOOO HOOO!!! It's be at least 6 months since I've had the chance. It was awesome. And since we turned the heat up on the water heater, there was enough hot water to fill the tub. I did find out what happens when you put in lots of bubble bath/shower gel in the water, then turn on the jets. Only the most awesomest thing ever....
I love bubbles.
Carl came home durning bath time and had some cards for me. I was able to relax and write in my journals and exfoliate to my little hearts content.
It was an excellent day. Definately a Happy Birthday to me.


1 comment:
Happy Late Birthday. I'm glad you had some time to yourself.
Post a Comment