Oh, there are so many to choose from!
Brady needs a new seat. The one we have is "expired." I questioned: "Do I get one that will stay with him until he doesn't need on anymore? Or do I get one that he will grow out of, but I will be able to pass it on to the next child(ren) and plan on purchasing a booster seat down the road?" I think I've decided with the latter.
The thing is, I'm not sure where to start. Consumer Reports would be great, but I'm cheap and don't want to pay for that info. I would like one with cup holders, I think. And my friend has one that had little lights on the side so the child could see what he/she was doing at night. Those were pretty neat.
Price really isn't an issue. It's tax refund time and we'll have what we need to invest in something good. If it weren't for the blessed refund, it would be a different story. That doesn't mean that I'm going to buy the most expensive one, just because I can though. I still need to make every dollor go as far as possible.
One other factor is that we have cars, small cars. A vehicle upgrade isn't in the plan at this time. I don't expect to have a lot of extra room after squeezing in two seats. It would be nice to have something that doesn't dwarf my back seat.
Do you experienced parents have any input for me? I sure would love it! Thanks!
-


2 comments:
I will always have an infant carrier for until they can sit up on their own (6 months or so).
Ashton is currently in a Safety 1st car seat. I didn't do a ton of research first though because his old used one was falling apart and we knew we needed to buy a new one. Then, on a trip to Wal-mart he threw-up all over the old one so we threw that one in the trash and I was left to pick from what was in stock. I really like the one we got though. I chose it because it reclines and has cup holders and I liked the look of it. I hate when kids fall asleep and their seats sit them so far up their heads bob back and forth. So reclining was a must for me. (like this one but in brown http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-All-in-One-Convertible-Car-Seat-Salt-and-Pepper/10759861)
Other than that once they can use a seatbelt I like the Evenflo booster seats with the removable back with the lights and cupholders. We just took off the back part for Kaleb last week so now it's just your standard booster seat. (like this one http://www.walmart.com/ip/Evenflo-Big-Kid-Deluxe-Booster-Car-Seat-Cactus/10745673 )
I figure between the 3 of these we're set for all the different stages and hopefully they'll last through each kid. So I guess my advice is pick what you like and what's in your budget. And with a small car you might want to look at the skinnier versions.
I second April's comment. Although we ended up with a Cosco convertible carseat after the infant carseat. I would love to buy a Britax but with how expensive they are ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) and how bulky they are we've never been able to manage.
Post a Comment