Monday, February 1, 2010

Really?

Okay, so we got 10 inches of snow out here. That's the most this area has seen in DECADES! It's beautiful! We were watching it snow, and snow, and snow. Felt like home. I love the white blankets that cover the land everywhere. I love the brightness that blinds me when I walk outside. I love the sound of the slush under my tires. I miss it.

However, school has been out for 3 days and tomorrow will make 4! I understand the day the storm is going on. Bad driving conditions. The day after, okay. The road crews aren't as well equipped out here. Carl and I saw the saddest excuse for a snow plow! They use sand instead of salt. This isn't common weather, why should they invest tax-payer money into equipment they'll hardly ever use?

So you have Saturday and Sunday to let the snow start to melt and the plows to reach more areas. No school Monday...alright, things are still a little yucky out there....I guess. But Tuesday too?!? Are you kidding me?!?

Ahh, I know there's some factor that I haven't been made aware of yet to qualify 4 days out of school. I just don't understand why people are so afraid of snow. Drive slower, a little more cautiously and you should be fine. I think it took like 2 feet of snow for us to get this many days off back home.

No comments: