
It's time to officially welcome Brady Alma Behunin into the world. It's a few days late, but who can blame a new, tired and emotional mommy for getting behind?
We left for the hospital Sunday morning, February 17th at 4:00 a.m. after timing contractions for an hour. It wasn't the contractions that woke me up though. On one of my routine drudges upstairs to the potty I noticed my water had broken. After the false alarm on Saturday you'd think we'd get everything ready to go. NOPE!!! What true procrastinators we are! It did give us something to do while we timed the contractions.
I labored for a few hours with out pain medications. Seeing as my waters had broken, they wanted to make sure he came out within twenty-four hours and started me on patossin (that stuff that progresses your labor.) It was then I got a wonderful dose of something I can't remember that helped me sleep through most of the labor. I think I can officially say that I have been high. Carl and Gretchen may not remember, but I'm pretty sure I said some outrageous things. Something about the red roof being better than the black one.


At about 4 p.m. I was feeling pretty good and like we could get that baby out in the next hour. Wrong again. I pushed through contraction after contraction with pain killer fading away. There came a point where I just wanted to give up and let someone else pull him out. Carl and Gretchen and Nurse Debbie were extremely encouraging. After two and a half more hours the doctor finally suggested that we get a mirror so I could see what I was doing. Lo, and behold, it worked!!! Once I could see Brady's head almost out it was three pushes and he was here.
He cried to show he can use his lungs, but has been pretty calm since then.

We love him and are very very happy to have him here with us. We are grateful that he will be ours for all eternity. Grandma Bruderer was able to fly out on Friday. It's been a good thing having her here too. Heavenly Father has been watching out for us and helping all the puzzle pieces fall into place.

He came into this world 7 lbs. 10 oz., 21 inches long with a 14 inch in circumference head. Beautiful as can be and with lots of hair, just like mom had. We love him.


*Brady's middle name is from his Great-Grandfather, Alma Bruderer. When Great-Grandma Bruderer heard of the news and the name she pointed out that Great-Grandpa Bruderer was born on February 17 many moons ago. Coincidence? I'm not too sure...


4 comments:
He is beautiful! We hope that we get to meet him some day.
That's so awesome! I'm glad your labor went great. Don't you love the drugs they give you, until, of course, they wear off! We're so happy for you guys!
Congratulations... again. Our thoughts are with you guys. We love and miss you!
Congratulations! He's beautiful! Good luck with mommy hood. Congrats on getting a job too Carl, and a house. What an exciting time for you all!
Brittany
Post a Comment