Like so many other mothers have done in times of financial need, we have made the bold switch to CLOTH DIAPERS!!! Yes, I have gone crazy! Amazing stats like each disposable diaper costs $0.33 per change vs. the cloth that is anywhere from $0.08-$0.33 per change. I'm guessing we're more along the lines of $0.20 per change with the system we're using, 36 prefolds, 5 covers, 4 pocket diapers. diaperdecisions.com/cost_of_cloth_diapers.htmWe still do disposable if we're going to be out of the house for longer than 2 hours and if Brady is going to stay with someone else. The total investment was around $400, I think even less. I haven't done the math for all the diapers, covers, diaper pail, pail liner, cloth pins, laundry detergent and some other random things. My biggest dissapointment so far (I've only been doing this for a week) is that Onesies are a lot on the small side since his tush is soooo big with all that padding. I'm really excited to be doing this. I think that I find joy in doing challenging things. Best of luck to me!
-


2 comments:
Good luck and I think you are crazy!
Great decision! Good luck to you. :)
Post a Comment