Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Cow Gives Us Milk to Drink

Brady finally signed milk for me. He's been signing it to Carl in the mornings for a few weeks now. Carl once reported that he went into Brady's room one morning and Brady held both arms out and open and closed his fists (the sign for milk) without a "good morning, dad" smile. Just a solemn "you better take me to the momma, cuz I want milk" face. He told me that Brady probably wouldn't do it for me, but that he had just signed milk. I have been encouraging Brady to use the sign for a long time now. All I got was a greedy smile at the mention of the word, followed by pick-me-up grunts.

How sweet it was. Carl put Brady down and told him to go get me, instead of just bringing him over. Brady crawled right over, pulled up on the couch, held both hands out to me and signed. The smile on his face was precious. He knew it had made me so happy.

Here are the signs he does use (most of them aren't perfect, but we know what they mean):

Ball
Dog
Cat
Train
More
Hat
Dad
Play
Diaper
Bath
Signing
Eat
Water
Cereal
O's (a home-sign for Cheerios)
Please
Sleep
Water
Thank You
He understands more than he signs. I hope he signs Mom soon. He's probably just waiting until I'm at my wits end with him then he'll pull it out of his bag of tricks and make my heart melt. He's lucky I love him. I'm luckier to have him.

1 comment:

Neff Family said...

Good job Steph! By the way, you looked so good in your Christmas picture!