Friday, May 1, 2009

Twilight

I am still awaiting an available copy of Eclipse and was in need of a Twilight fix. As you may know, I'm addicted. So we watched Twilight last night as a celebration of Carl being done with this semester. I was UTTERLY dissapointed. Blech!!! I think even if I didn't read the books and had no idea what was going on, I would have thought it was a bad movie. Nevermind the gaping holes in the story that happen to every Based on a Book movie. I did not enjoy the extra sexual content that I didn't read (or notice) in the book. But I guess that's the sort of stuff that is a requirement for a movie these days. We watched the "extended" scenes and the director just creeps me out. I will not be anxiously awaiting the next movie.

This was like really cheap heroine. Or you know when you REALLY want a Dr. Pepper and all you can get is a Dr. Thunder? Yeah, it was like that.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I have to say I was totally with you the first time I saw it. Of course it didn't help to be surrounded by dozens of teenage girls sighing at every word Edward said, or the chick next to us who was entirely too critical of every scene progession (oh I wanted to die that night, it was so awful). I went home from the theater saying that I would never own the movie.

I'd heard through the grapevine that the movie was much better the second time you watched it. So when Twilight came out on DVD Matt bought it for me and I watched it. I admit to having at least enjoyed it a little that time. I have watched it a few times since then to see if I could like it even more. So in total I've watched the movie about 4 times and I have to say I don't HATE it anymore. Give it a try... maybe you'll be able to tolerate it.

Andrea said...

A lot of people dont like the movie the first time they see. Maybe give it a while and try it again. I have eclipse if you want to borrow it. I just bought it yesterday so that is why I havne't offerd sooner. I'm not dying to read it right now so I don't care if you take it for a while.

Anonymous said...

I really didn't like the movie the first time either, but it's growing on me. And don't worry about the director. The second movie has a different director. Rumor has it that the third movie has a different director from that too. Crazy!

Neff Family said...

Lucky me, I got to see it THREE TIMES the day it came out. The first time (midnight shwoing) I was soooooo disappointed, but terrified of saying anything lest my head be chopped off by the group of girls sporting "Team Edward" behind me. The second time was a little more exciting, because I got to watch Brett and his family react. The third time I just sat down and enjoyed it for what it was: cinema. Movie. I hope you enjoy it better the next time you see it.