Monday, June 29, 2009

Not for me, thanks.

I am SO thankful that I am not a single mom. God is pretty smart for intending families to be made up of one man and one woman. I realized not everybody is so fortunate to have the traditional family and are doing their best to make it work. I also wouldn't be too opposed to at least trying out plural family living. Not Plural marriages, but families. For each wife there is a husband. There is one Main house and each couple has a smaller but adequate residence in close proximity. The men folk would go off to their work. The women folk divide and conquer the womanly duties of a home while still leaving ample time for chatting and down time. It could work.....

Until that day comes (it's unlikely that it ever will, though) I'll still be thankful that I do have my husband as my helpmeet more often than not.

No comments: