Monday, June 29, 2009

There's a snake in my bathroom!

I was getting ready one mid-morning to go out and about. Brady toddles in and looks into my curling iron/blowdryer/hair-fixing stuff drawer and says, "Nake" and moves his little fist about. I knew he was saying and signing something, but couldn't figure it out. "Nake" usually means "snake," but there wasn't a snake, or anything that looked like a snake, in the drawer. I'm finishing up my "do" (ponytail) and spray down the fly-away hairs with some hair spray. Then it hit me. "SSsssssssssssssssssss" Oh DUH!!! The hairspray!! It says "SSSsssssssssss" like a snake!!! He was saying and signing snake (index and middle fingers curved and hand moved forward in a snake-like movement) because the hairspray sounded like a snake. Those wheels are definately turning.

On a related note, he no longer says "Melmo" for Elmo. It's just Elmo now. Sad, huh? Although he does call popcicles "broccoli." He's working on it though.

No comments: