Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cucumbers a plenty

Why did we plant cucumbers???? The only way to eat them (that I know of) is raw, in a green salad or tomato salad. I've got WAY too many to use up in green salad and no good recipie for cucumber/tomato salad. At least with zuchinni you can put it in cakes and cookies and bread and stuff. Anyone got a suggestion on what to do with them?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why don't you pickle some of them?

Melanie said...

I remember your pickling experiment from a few years back... didn't go so well, right?

Anyway. My favorite cucumber tomato salad is just those two ingredients with ranch dressing and some dill. It's really good with homemade ranch dressing... very thick and creamy.

The other way to eat them is, of course, raw with ranch dip. If I'm in a snacky mood, it's the healthiest way to settle the munchies. Tastes great and refreshing. We try to have some cut up in the fridge for just that purpose.