Friday, July 11, 2008

Venting

This is a no picture post. Ya'll don't want to see me all frumpy and non-showered like, so I'll nix the pictures. I've been going through some emotionally/spiritually challenging times the last week. This becoming a Mom thing is harder than I thought. I'm finding stress in every aspect of my life. Not-yet-mommies may think "what's so hard about stying home with a cute little baby and doing nothing but a little house work here and there?"
And I answer, "Oh, nothing, expect you feel bad if you leave the baby to play alone too long by himself. You wonder if you're eternally scarring him by not picking him up at the first whimper, or the second, or the third. You feel it imposible to anything but the required housework, i.e. dishes, laundry, cook dinner a few times a week, when little darling just looks at you with the 'I'm so bored' pout. And to top it all off, when your loving husband finally does come home from work, you hand the baby over, only to feel guilty that he's been working all day too and now he's got to care for the baby. You try to weigh which is the greater evil: A Daddy who just came home from work and now gets to entertain little bumpkin so you can maybe gat a thing or two done around the house, or allow Daddy some down time cuz he deserves it and earns all the money while you try to cope for just a few more hours with the little baby who has had a long day too and is cranky at this point so both of your nerves are shot.
Next Issue:
I feel like I have NOTHING to wear. I don ever-so-sexy basketball shorts and a T-shirt everyday. I'd like to get up and get ready everyday, even if I have no where to go, but all the going-out clothes I own don't seem to fit. So why don't I go buy news clothes that fit?? Well, I've tried, and they all seem to change shape two weeks later and be horribly wrong for me. I don't feel right spending Carl's hard earned money like that. So, I sit and lounge in my daily uniform. Brady doesn't care what I look like, right? He's just going to spit up on me anyway.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, folks. I should probably go pay someone to listen to all my woes, but again, not an acceptable expenditure of Carl's hard earned money. So, lucky readers, YOU get to hear all about it!!! Aren't you sooo happy!!!


Okay, I'll give ya'll one picture to look at as a thank you for bearing with me. Brady is teaching the missionaries about how to get babes when they get home. You can't see it, but his shirt says "Babes Want Me." Thanks, Chelsey.

5 comments:

Neff Family said...

Oh Steph, I really know how you feel. And it comes and goes. Sometimes it stays longer than it's away though. There's a weeks worth of advice I could load you up with, and I'm sure everyone else too. But, sometimes it's just nice to vent, and know someone out there hears you, and knows where you're coming from.
Wish I could be there to help you out!! Miss you guys!

Melanie said...

Ah yes, the Stay At Home Mom Woes. Wish there was some stellar advice to give, but there isn't. Everyone is different and every day is different. I really struggled when Leah was little little too. Heck, sometimes I still struggle.

And you don't need me to sit here and tell you that you're doing the right thing by staying home, I'm sure you've made the right decision for your family.

I imagine it will start getting easier and easier as Brady gets older and more fun to play with.

And probably don't worry so much about Carl coming home and taking care of the baby. Matt always looked forward to it, and I'm sure Carl isn't cursing you for it. I think men understand more than we give them credit for sometimes. I think they know that we need a few minutes/hours/days to not focus completely on the baby. Little bundles of joy that they are.

Good luck and hang in there. It does get easier.

Amber said...

I don't have much advice for you Steph, considering I don't have children. But I am listening and am here when you need to vent. I do have one comment though. Even though Carl makes the money, your job is tougher yet more rewarding than his job and you deserve more money than the world can produce for your job! Luckily, you get paid in blessings which is more valuable than money.

Snell Family said...

Thanks for the cute sock toys. Ashton loves them!

Anonymous said...

I think my wife would agree with you all the way Stephanie! She finally had to go back to work, cause I din't make enough, but she is still that way, and our son is nine months old. I think she looks great and I am sure Carl thinks you do too!