Saturday, July 26, 2008

Survey Says: "You're an Idiot!"

After a nice long stroll through our local Wal-Mart (which I HATE our Wal-Mart and surprisingly, we didn't spend any money) I made a nice "remember when..." moment for my self. Carl was putting Brady in the car. The woman from the freshly parked truck next to us looked at me with our cart and said, "If you don't need that, we'll take it."
Thinking she was referring to my baby, who people frequently offer to take off my hands, I responded, "Oh, I need it for my tax rebate," I smiled and laughed and got along my way putting the cart with the others. The woman laughed politely, but obviously didn't get my joke.
Carl heard the conversation and thought to himself, "Oh she can handle that." And thought nothing further.
As I turn around and almost skip back to the car because of my ever-so-witty comment, Carl looks at me with a puzzled expression. He asks, "Steph, why didn't you give them the cart?" as if I had done something horribly wrong!
I stood there watching the family, child in arms, walk up to the store and exclaim "I'm so retarded!!" I proceed to pronouce my mental-ness for the next five minutes while Carl laughs and makes jokes about it.
I'm prwetty shure they don't give you tax webates for shopping carts....

2 comments:

Snell Family said...

You're funny Stephanie.

Neff Family said...

Hahaha! That is SO something I would do. That's awesome Steph!