Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 2

Today I am grateful for my mommy. She is a great lady. One of my favorite things about her is her humor. I certainly inherited it! I am thankful that she dropped everything she was doing to come out here after I called crying that I wanted my mommy 2 days after Brady was born. That was really awesome to have her here for us and I know I would have gone completely crazy without her during that time. Imagine all the bottle and pump-parts washing I'd have to do. She was a life saver when she'd sacrifice her sleep and feed my little bumpkin in the wee hours of the night so I could rest. I simply cannot thank her enough for all that she did during that time.

On a lighter note, here's a funny memory I have of my mom. (Don't worry mom, it's not going to embarrass you too bad.)
I will never forget when we were making cookies and Amy and I kept stealing the dough. Mom would sing "Salmonella, salmonella." After a bit of our thievery she threatened to lock us outside until she was done if we didn't knock it off. As we slyly went for another morsel she wrestled us out the door and, what do you know, LOCKED IT!!! Yup, a woman true to her word. It was all fun though.
One of my favorite lines from mom is "Thumtimesth I make a mithtake."
I have passed on the "Little Blue Man Song" and "You are my Sunshine" to my child.
Thanks Mom, for all you've done for me, for my little family, and all that you will do for us. We love you.

No comments: