Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 23

My Dad
My dad is a pretty good guy. He has sacrificed a lot so that his kids can be happy. He changed a one story approximately 1100 sq ft house into a tri-level 2000 sqft house. He always taught us to do what is right. One of the lessons I remember most is "10% to the Lord, 10% to yourself, the rest is for bills." I probably should have listened to that more....
He has always been a handy man. He was so kind as to install our lovely mailbox for us. He would fix pretty much anything that needed fixing. I got that trait from him. At least the taking things apart and then trying to put them back together. I believe I recieved my passion for music from him, too. You who have met him probably wouldn't believe he was kinda long-haired and in a band. Too bad I don't have a pic of that to post....You lucked out, Dad.



One of my favorite memories of my dad is when he would tell us stories at night. They were usually about two little girls or two little princesses. He had a facinating way of telling them.


Dad and I have had some hard times. Because we are so alike, we frequently butt heads. After growing up a bit, I have come to realize that my dad isn't all that bad. I am realizing now that he probably was right more often than not.


I hope to pass on handiness to my children. It is a great skill and quality to be able to correct problems and to be able to build things. Along with my inherited anal-retentativeness to do things juuuuuuuuuust right.

Thanks, Dad!

No comments: