Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 29

Music

"All we need is music, sweet music."

I love music. I love singing. I love dancing to the music. I feel my most sincere prayers are uttered when I am singing. The Lord has blessed me with a great talent. I loved to be in theory class. Too bad it was early in the morning. I miss singing and learning about music. Although, I am new finding joy in singing to my baby.

I love the way I feel inside when singing; the way emotion of the song seems to run through my veins; the way my body is just engulfed in a sweet melody. One of my most favorite things is to sing songs from my choir days. The art that is involved in each piece speaks to me. I loved to delve into the lyrics of the songs, into the way the words played off each other and the way the notes told their story.

A deep and heartfelt "Thank You" to my music teachers; to my fellow choir members, who provided the other voices to bring those little black dots on paper alive; to my parents who helped me fully experience my high school music days; to Carl for letting me sing at the top of my lungs in the car; to Brady for quieting to listen when I sing; to all those composers and songwriters who have provided the soundtrack to my life. And most of all, to God, for giving his children a way to express their feelings and thoughts when words just aren't enough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, the good old days of choir... *sigh*