Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 7

Healthy Body
Now, I may not be the most fit and trim me I have ever been, but I am healthy. Aside from the crazies, I have no major health issues. I don't need to wheel around an oxygen tank to be able to breath. I don't need a handicap symbol to park close because I can't walk. My cocktail of pills I take don't sustain my life, they enrich it. They make sure I get some vitamins in every day so that my baby get his vitamins too. One makes me not-crazy, and the other helps keep our family how it is until a future date. My hands work so that I can type. My arms are strong so I can carry a growing baby in a car seat. My hips are wide so I can hold that growing boy on them with one arm. My legs are strong so I can move the sofa and vacuum all the little nasties out from underneath it. I'm not going to get specific, but all my insides work too. So yes, while I may not be the "perfect size 6 (or size 8...or 10....)" I am healthy and God has blessed me such great fortune.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I really love this post. It's nice to hear a recently postpartum mom saying things like this (although, I'm still guilty of saying the opposite).

I really appreciate the eyes wide open look at the good things our bodies do for us, even when they may not be shaped as perfectly as we think they should be.

Thanks Steph!