Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 5

Service



I am thankful for the opportunity to give service. Today is National Night Out. What is National Night Out? It's a nationwide event to help prevent crime and drugs and to help strengthen our communities. One of the sisters in our branch is over the Paragould event. Our ward had the opportunity to represent the LDS Church with a booth. We had paper for handprints and friendship braclets to braid. Even though it was hot, it was a lot of fun! Mr. Brady sat in his car seat and watched all the going-ons. He was such a good baby.

^Elder Winn, Brady, Gretchen & Elder Wischmier

When I have the chance to give service to others it makes me feel great. I sometimes have to change my attitude so that I WANT to give the service. A happy heart makes it so much better. Carl was able to serve some one in our branch this past Saturday. When he told me about his plans, I really didn't want him to go. Saturday is OUR day together. It's the only day we have to do whatever we want to do as a whole family. I knew that him giving of his time was important so I turned that frown upside down and smiled that frown away. I am so glad I did that! I feel that I was giving "service" so that he could go serve. It made me feel double good.
I am also thankful for the service I recieve. I am thankful for the service Carl gave to me today by cooking dinner and folding the laundry that has been sitting in the basket. He does more than that to serve me, but that's another day's blog. There are too many people to thank for their service in this blog that I'm afraid to go any further lest I forget some one. but THANK YOU to anyone who has EVER provided me service, even when you didn't know it.

No comments: