Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 22

Branch Activities
We had a Branch Talent Show last night. It was wonderful! Lots of people shared their God Given Gifts with us. A few highlights were:




Carl showing us his talent, a beautiful baby

Kiersten singing in Spanish










Mary's Quilt












Riley's Ballet












and The Missionary Olympics: Canada, in White vs. Montana (USA), in Gray

1st Event, one of Luck: Rock, Paper, Scissors


Won by Montana

2nd Event, one of Strength: Stick Pull



Won by Canada

3rd Event, one of Mind Skill: The Rubix Cube


Canada won. Darn canuck......


I am grateful that I had the opportunity to not only share my talent, but to have been the recipient of others' talents. God has blessed each one of us with abilities that make this world better. Some are able to display beauty by singing, playing an instrument, dancing or creating a piece of art. Others have less tangible talents, such as listening, consoling, laughter, organization, being neat and tidy and so forth. I am thankful for these activities where we can grow stronger as a branch family and get to know each other more.

No comments: