A Flat tireWe were on our way to Memphis to attend the temple there. I had been looking forward to this and we had already been postponed the previous week. A few miles past a town called Trumann Carl heard a noise and said he felt the car shaking. Our glove box has been the culprit of coming loose and giggling all its contents, so he thought it was that. After noting that it was secure, we pulled over. Well, well, what do ya know? A flat tire. We change the thing with surprisingly great team work and no bickering. There went our night at the temple. We attached the spare, which was low on air, only 8 lbs of pressure. We turned around and headed for Jonesboro. We went to Wal-Mart because they were the only place we knew that was open for a new tire. So, (here comes the thankful part) we had to wait for the fix. While we waited, I didn't have anything to do. I was forced to relax and just not think about all the millions of things that needed to be done. We didn't have Brady with us, so I didn't have to worry about his needs. It was SOOOOOOOOOO nice. I think it really rejuvenated my spirit to be able to browse around the store and have no goal in mind.
Thank you flat tire, for giving me the opportunity to let it all go for a few hours.


No comments:
Post a Comment