EducationI am very grateful that I have a High School Education, and then some. I cannot imagine life without knowing how to read or write, or do math equations. There is so much more that I learned in school that I won't even begin to list it all. As much as I may not have appreciated it then, I am very fortunate to have been able to go to school.
I am also grateful for the education that one doesn't normally obtain while in school. The valuable lessons that life teaches you. You know, the ones that you have to experience for yourself in order to fully understand? Yeah, those usually painful lessons come in handy once in a while.
Some of the things I am happy to have learned about over the years are:
How to...
- crochet and provide myself with a way to be crafty. (gimme some yarn and a hook and away I'll go!)
- choose what foods are better for you, and which are not. (Fast food, bad. Home cooked dinner, usually better.)
- be okay with not getting everything you think you want. (Still working on that one....)
- read a map and get to where I'm going. (I think I finally know how to get to the library all by my self!!)
- listen to the needs of my family. (whether spoken or not.)
- do laundry. (yes, it does make a difference what cycle to you use.)
- exercise. It is important to help your body stay healthy. (I'm pretty sure toting a 17+ pound baby around counts as exercise.)
- use Sign Language. (It really really helps when you get laryngitis.)
So, thank you to all my teachers, formal and informal. 


No comments:
Post a Comment